FFXIV

Forums for discussion of other upcoming games or games the guild plays on a smaller scale.
Saulo

FFXIV

Post by Saulo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:19 am

If anyone is interested I play Final Fantasy XIV and it is a REALLY great game. From story to game mechanics. It may feel like a cliche MMO for first ten levels but after you get into the core of it around 20 - its completely addicting.

Check it out if you can or if you play let me know! I am on Ultros server but may transfer to Balmung or Giligamesh in the future as there are the unofficial RP servers.

Character name: Valar Morghulis
Saulo Silverheart
Captain of the 1st Fist of Light

Sicherth

Re: FFXIV

Post by Sicherth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:34 am

I'm shocked by how positive the reviews of FFXIV are. The franchise's other games, the single player ones, are absolutely dreadful of late. Remarkably even the mmorpg score is still ~8.78 and that's higher than EQ which is the next gen MMO on the horizon!

Imma definitely have to check and see what all the huballoo is about as soon as they resume digital purchases and i'll quickly join those servers and look you up.

Cheers

Sicherth

Post by Sicherth » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:36 pm

They apparently don't accept paypal for online orders :(

Saulo

Post by Saulo » Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:03 pm

Stores still have copies. :bounce:
Saulo Silverheart

Sicherth

Post by Sicherth » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:50 am

DVDs are retro... bro... I don't even have one of those vulgar machines.

Kelindale

Post by Kelindale » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:59 am

I'm on Leviathon. If you can get a group together to start on one server then I'll roll a toon on it.

Sicherth

Post by Sicherth » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Square Enix has done a loop-de-loop with their policy and added paypal as a payment option. I'm going to give the game a gander and I'll try to look you guys up if you're still playing.

Saulo

Post by Saulo » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Still playing. :)
Saulo Silverheart

Sicherth

Post by Sicherth » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:42 pm

I feel like maybe I ought to try out FFXI whatever again just because you're still playing. Honestly I did give the game a go. I ran an archer and found later that white mage was the hardest class to run. I rerolled and ran a white mage up to about level 18 20 and never partied, never felt challenged, and while the story was atleast cogent I couldn't overlook the playing mechanics.

I recently played EQ on the p99 classic EQ emulator and partying on Orc Hill, Crushbone, Unrest, Mistmoore, Upper Guk, Lower Guk, Sol B, odds and ends of kunark teleporty dungeons... It was a social game from beginning to end. This *woopsie* today, I don't know what the *woopsie* game designers are thinking.

Saulo

Post by Saulo » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:33 pm

I departed from FFXIV - seems like all MMOs today have the same end game - collect some kind of currency from endgame dungeons, turn em in for armor, raid for more armor.

SWTOR, XIV, WoW - all these games are recycling endgame content and I'm becoming sick of it.
Saulo Silverheart