Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

General forums for the 1st Fist of Light.
whippost

Re: Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

Post by whippost » Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:08 am

Hi. I'm new around here.

I'm 30 and I've been a huge sci-fi / fantasy fan for as long as I can remember. I've done my share of tabletop RPGs but STO is the first MMO I've done. I was in an open instance team with Tredo and here I am.

I'm looking forward to meeting more of you. See ya around.
Lt. Commander Megan Mary McDowell
Commanding Officer, USS Silicon Valley
Starfleet Corps of Engineers, Independent Operations Group

“By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
~ Benjamin Franklin

Banegrivm
The Godfather

Post by Banegrivm » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:40 pm

You joined as Snowdown originally and later switched gears to Symeon. Oh and when we were camping Ghoulbane after I had it, it wasn't for me at that point in time. We used to regularly run that for all the paladins of the Fist at the time. That and the Soulfire quest *cringe*.
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light

Amphitryon

Post by Amphitryon » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:06 am

Hi all, very ancient former 'Fist', have not been around since EQ and the "Codex of War' days.

Played EQ for a good 5 years solid before moving onto SWG for a few more years, then was a solid Vanguard player for a while, and gave Eve Online a good run as well. Since then been MMO hopping all over, trying darn near everything, and like everyone else, keeping an eye towards SW:TOR. Also gave Fallen Earth a good go, and am currently trying out Darkfall.

Anyway, looking to come back into the fold for SW:TOR, and put an end to my MMO wanderlust hopefully.

Doubt if anyone remembers me aside from Banegrivm, I was super-quiet, and spent most of my time soling my DE SK.

Banegrivm
The Godfather

Post by Banegrivm » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:14 am

MsSpanky wrote:hey whats up everybody just thought id pop in an say hello (new girl in the guild)
Welcome to the Fist, but you should probably make an all new thread for yourself to say hello so it doesn't get missed :) Pretty much the point of this thread is so that people can say HOW they joined, share any fod memories they have of joining up and all that good stuff. Definitely start a new thread, that way you don't get missed ;)
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light

wisprr

Post by wisprr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

Ellos everyone, and thank you Bane for accepting me into the guild so quickly! I really look forward to playing some SWTOR with everyone when it is finally released in a couple of weeks!

For the most part I go by wisprr online, but my RL name is Trina. As you may have noticed I'm rather new to the Fist, but having read through this thread am rather impressed by what I have seen and can't wait to get in-game with everyone.

As far as my gaming history goes I started playing PnP AD&D 1st edition back in the late 80s and early 90s, and quickly moved to computer RPGs not too long afterwards in DOS. (I still even have the archaic CDs for the Goldbox series that someone else mentioned, ah fun times.) Progressing more into the future, I'm not certain what was my first MMO, but I have at least tried out a number of them, though I have a tendency of not sticking around for very long. My longest running game played is GW, which I played in the beta weekends and still play to this day. (Though, I do have to admit I have taken several breaks from it, one of them lasting I think a year or few.) My play style tends to focus on a single character, though it is not usually the first character I make, as I have to try out different classes to get a feel of what works best for me. I tend towards DPS (since it seems to work best for me for soloing, which traditionally I do a lot of), though I can do well in most any role and have tried them all out among the various MMOs I've played. Previously I tended towards soloing, since I got to do things at my own pace (I usually go at a slower pace then others, since I enjoy exploring, grinding a bit early on to level up and make questing the storyline a bit easier, and I am a slow reader and like to read quest text and game lore). However, more recently I much more enjoy playing with my friends and grouping up, in fact I almost never play games anymore unless I have someone to do it with.

And that is what brought me to this guild, the desire to make friends and have fun gaming with them. Chrome (whom I tend to refer to as Contessa in-game) is the one that introduced me to the Fist, but I hope to get to know more of you as we have fun playing games together.
wisprr — or 'wisp' for short
Officer of the 1st Fist of Light

Juko

Post by Juko » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:14 pm

I am Juko,

As a role-player for 5 or 23 years depending on beliefs*, Saulo introduced me as "the Wise Sage" due to my character being a Jedi Sage in SWTOR (Star Wars: The Old Republic). It was at the Republic Fleet onto the Eseele Flashpoint when I met Saulo and I added him as a friend because he turns out to be like me, a Role-Player. In Coruscant, we meet again to tag team in various side quests, including a Heroic quest involving five gangsters to defeat. I was invited after the series of adventures and before Saulo has to log out for personal matters. I chose to accept the invitation because Saulo told me this is a Role-Playing Guild.

I'll not explain further than this, so might as well role-play with me to understand more about me.

* = The Passive Role-Play Belief which follows the ideology that since from birth, everyone starts role-playing without a need for a break since there is no break at all because people are the characters and no one is left out on purpose. The most acknowledged belief is called, The Materialistic Realism Belief, which relates to the "realistic" viewpoint. The Materialistic Realism Belief varies between people to people.

Saulo

Post by Saulo » Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:46 am

Welcome Juko - you'll be right at home here. :)
Saulo Silverheart
Captain of the 1st Fist of Light

valentre

Post by valentre » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 pm

Hello - I have been a member for quite a while. Just now getting around to this.

I play Kaven, the Jedi Guardian.

I've been RPing for about 25 years now - obviously started with tabletop (D&D, White Wolf, Rifts) and then moved to computers as well (Pool of Radiance, Might and Magic, etc.).

I am always glad to help when I can with anything I can do. I have 3 other toons on the Republic side (all level 15, yet to go to Coruscant).

Hope to see you all in game!

Lutherne12

Post by Lutherne12 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:55 pm

Hey, the names Lutherne. I'm an old friend. I used to roll with you guys on WAR before you packed up and left for WoW. Just wanted to get back in touch.

wilsonpat

Post by wilsonpat » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:42 pm

Hi everybody nice to meet you all, I am Wilson Patrick and i am fond of fiction story as Harry Potter's Harry Potter The Dark Lords Downfall