Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

General forums for the 1st Fist of Light.
Brystian

Re: Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

Post by Brystian » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:41 pm

Hello, I'm Brianne. In game I'm any of these characters :) I'm a 23 [24 the 18th of this month] year old General Studies major with an emphasis in English and a twinge of Psychology. I hope to be teaching high school English by next fall, but we'll see.

I've been addicted to gaming since 2007, when Andrew [in-game Gravis/Tortoole; IRL my fiance] bought WoW for me to play with him. Unlike some others, I really enjoy the game and would honestly play it again [and this too, of course; I'd never give up this one for that] if I had the money and the time. I rolled Horde when Gravis no longer had time/wanted to play WoW and I was intrigued by the Tauren. I loved playing a hunter, but when my subscription and my 2 week trial of the BC ran out, I was done.

Then in the summer of 2007 I visited Gravis in Phoenix, AZ, where he was finishing college, and we played CoX. I started a storyline with my Villain [Devix Seven] and really loved the game, but then I had to come back to Arkansas [and then almost died with a ruptured appendix...]

Gravis bought this game just a few weeks after it came out and about a month or so later, bought a copy for me [of course, then we had to buy me a new computer... sigh]. I played a couple characters on his account until I got my own. I joined the guild because Gravis did a keep raid with y'all and really enjoyed the camaraderie of the people. I joined as soon as we moved to White Tower, and now we're on Phoenix Throne [which apparently is where y'all started].

I am wanting to write out the bio of Brystian, Nynne, and possibly Ashembyr and post those wherever I can, if anyone is interested. I really am happy to be in this guild; there are people who have made us feel very welcome and at home, and Bane is a terrific leader. So thanks for the invite, Fist brethren! Til Death [and then Rez] For The ORDER!!

Cyn

Post by Cyn » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:33 pm

<waves> Hello all im Cyn <cyna Cynanna Cynni Cyndena>
Im happy to be here a good active guild is just what i have been looking for here

I played DAoC mid/guin for 6 yrs loved the game but when others started tiring of it so did it I tried Conan but just couldnt find the people tp play with a friend sent me warhammer so thought i give it a try and im really liking it!!!

I have always been a alt nut and a crafting nut so never know where you'll find me but just yell and ill join in on the action!!!

Glad to see a varity of people in this guild think i can fit in just fine here :D

Arvada

Post by Arvada » Sat Dec 20, 2008 5:24 pm

Hey everyone my name is Chanelle, but I go as Arvada in WAR. I was born and raised in Guam, a tropical island in the pacific. (one of the U.S territories) If you try looking for it on a map...good luck in that, some maps don't even show it and if they do its a tiny dot. I just moved to Idaho, Mt.home Airforce Base to be more specific. My husband and I got stationed here. We pretty much now go where ever the Airforce takes us. I would have to thank my husband for the reason I'm really into games now, more specifically mmo's. My first mmo experience was Battle Field: Special Forces. My Husband was playing it one day and after numerous attempts to getting me to try to play it I finally gave in and did. Oh boy was I glad I did too, I loved it! The rest was history from there on. I than tried out COD4 when it came out on the Xbox because it reminded me of BattleFeild. I really enjoyed the social aspect of it. Playing with friends brought the game to a greater level of fun and experience to the game. So now at the moment I'm usually playing COD4 and COD:World at War on the Xbox360 when I'm not occupied with my new born son. My gamertag is Guamiebear on the xbox360 so add me if you like =] and if you can't find me there I'm playing WAR.

Oh and one more thing to mention when you play with me I will tend to disappear or vanish out of nowhere and leave you wondering why I left without explaining. Pretty much its because my son was crying and I had to check him. So let it be known that I'm not ditching you guys or quitting when the going gets tough. I just now have higher priorities to attend to. Other than that folks I will be around when I can and would enjoy playing with ya. =]
“Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it. Let me not look for allies in life's battlefield but to my own strength. Let me not cave in.”

Incairne

Post by Incairne » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:47 pm

Greetings to you all and many a blessing to come to you. I go by Ron, with a pseudonym of Incairne. In the the Fist I have two characters, Saeraphim and Savra, my Archmage and Shadow Warrior respectively. I can't recall the exact time, but I do remember that Banegrivm first recruited my Archmage. We had a nice little talk between the two of us playing as our characters. Soon after, I just wanted to say hi on my SW, but ended joining.

The Fist was very appealing and turned out to be quite fun. Though the Marine Corps has me not playing some times, and currently I am running a character with a coworker on another server. I will occasionally hop onto my order characters and enjoy them as they are. As often as I deploy on random OPs, I have to just sit back and enjoy the little things.

My first online experience in the MMO field may have been Ragnarok Online. A quaint game that my cousin wanted me to join. After that, I hopped around to Lineage 2, R.O.S.E. Online, WoW, and many a free online experience that left me wondering why I bothered in between them all. Online in general would have to be Starcraft.

I may not be attending all the events that may happen, but I will try to become available. Lastly, if anyone wishes to hit me up for any more info, feel free to ask anything. If I don't want to answer, I won't, but you will get a response.
WoW and WAR, WAR retired until new content.

Emerald Dream
Sigrdrifa - 56 NE Druid
Sága - 41 D Shaman
Eír - 48 D Priest

Silver Hand
Lucía - Blood Elf Death Knight

Carmela

Post by Carmela » Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:23 am

Carmela - Warrior Priestess

Who am I?
As far as I can recall games have been part of my life; Although this will date me I have been playing various board games including RPGs before the personal computer age…Since the personal computer age most of the games played at first were standalone games and lately for the last 10 years MMORPGs.

Where did I come from?
To keep it very short my last two games with serious time involved were EQ and WOW.

What I’m looking for?
With your help to build an organized, disciplined army to defend our lands and push back the invading hordes of darkness. In my view WAR gives us the opportunity to elevate the PvP experience from random skirmishes, corpse camping, ganking or zerging empty keeps to an online warfare experience (RvR) with combined warband strategies and tactics of potentially “epic” proportions.

Carmela Of The Tower
You are only as good as your team and your team is only as good as you!

Kelindale

Post by Kelindale » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:19 pm

Hello, My name is Gareth. I've been with the fist since the end of EQ/Begining of DAoC. Been playing MMO's since EQ just before velious came out. I think my favorite character in a game was my Friar in DAoC, unfortunatly I discovered the joys of friardom after the fist left DAoC :(

Been playing WoW off and on since Beta, Tried SWG, AoC, EQ2, LotRO, Lineage2, and DDO.
I stick mainly to Rangeresque types and Paladins and refuse to play any type of main healer ever since my roll as a cleric in DAoC healing Bane and always dying to goblins *Shudders*

I live in Calgary Alberta, home of the Flames, Iggy, and Big Rock Beer. Hate all things Edmontonian and love Scotland. I wear a kilt and I love it :banana-dreads: :flags-wavegreatbritain: :banana-dreads:

Grumple

Post by Grumple » Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:57 am

Heyo, my name is Scott, but some of you might know me as Grumples the Engineer, in WAR. Although Grumples is a part of the Blackwood Company, Sarai (my better half) and I have recently joined the WoW chapter of the Fist on Farstriders, where I will be known as Baalus (or some other new character I have recently rolled due to my severe altitis).

I started my MMO days playing Asheron's Call, where I met Sarai. From there, we moved onto UO, SWG, EQ2, WoW, LotRO, and COH, and WAR. Currently, we maintain active subs to WAR, WoW, and COH.

We live in Victoria, BC, Canada (although I am originally from Edmonton where we hate all things Calgarian), have a 16 year old son at home, and recently became Grandparents when our oldest (who is 24) became a new father three months ago.

Sarai

Post by Sarai » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:23 am

I'm Sarai, that Grumple talks about ^^. In real life, my name is Pat, mother of two sons and a new grandmother.

Recently, we both played WAR. I was the guild leader of The Blackwood Company (formerly The Blackwood Syndicate) and I'm now happily guilded with the WoW chapter of the 1st Fist. I play Iraani, a Dranei Paladin and Sarail, Night Elf Hunter (so far).

Previously I've played almost every MMORPG that has been published, beta tested several and this will be my third time around for WoW. We played Horde on Sisters of Elune, and Alliance on another server at launch. My favourite games of all of these have to be Asheron's Call, UO, DAoC, WoW and SWG.

Those familiar with Asheron's Call, will perhaps enjoy the story of how Grumple and I met. I saw a fellow die a few times in the game messaging and then chanced upon him running away from a pack of reed sharks. I decided that he needed some assistance, and took my sword to slay a few of them allowing him to escape, thus saving his life and starting a new relationship which has lasted now for 9 years.

I'm looking forward to enjoying the game with our new guild mates.
Sarai
Ilaria, Loremaster - Landroval, LOTRO

Flamesworn, Virtue COH (retired)
WAR, Phoenix Throne: Sarai, Shadow Warrior of The Blackwood Company (retired)

Chashak

Post by Chashak » Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Ryan. I have actually just stumbled onto this group, and I am interested in joining. I am currently playing CoH/CoV (though, most of my characters are on the Champion Server, not Freedom) and eagerly looking forward to Champions Online.

I also played LOTRO for a time and still occasionally hop onto Guild Wars.

Looking through your charter, your "anti-hero clause" is incredible as describing both my main and first lvl 50 in CoH and my planned remake of him in CO. He is a dark sorcerer that has turned to the light and now struggles to undo the mistakes of his past. Scarred from his past, yet reborn into light and truth, he has both dark- and light-based powers as well as flight.

As far as personality goes, currently he is a full-fledged do-gooder fighting to destroy evil. He does however have a very dark past.

Would this pose a problem for your typical chapter rules? Just curious.

Banegrivm
The Godfather

Post by Banegrivm » Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:53 pm

Chashak wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Ryan. I have actually just stumbled onto this group, and I am interested in joining. I am currently playing CoH/CoV (though, most of my characters are on the Champion Server, not Freedom) and eagerly looking forward to Champions Online.

I also played LOTRO for a time and still occasionally hop onto Guild Wars.

Looking through your charter, your "anti-hero clause" is incredible as describing both my main and first lvl 50 in CoH and my planned remake of him in CO. He is a dark sorcerer that has turned to the light and now struggles to undo the mistakes of his past. Scarred from his past, yet reborn into light and truth, he has both dark- and light-based powers as well as flight.

As far as personality goes, currently he is a full-fledged do-gooder fighting to destroy evil. He does however have a very dark past.

Would this pose a problem for your typical chapter rules? Just curious.
Definitely not a problem. By the way, nice sig ;)
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light