Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

General forums for the 1st Fist of Light.
Banegrivm
The Godfather

Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

Post by Banegrivm » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:27 am

Sorne and I talk almost every single day. Today being no different, we got to talking about the newer members of the guild, not to mention we've seen a few faces that we haven't seen in a very long time. As such, the Fist has always been a round table atmosphere. It doesn't matter if you just joined yesterday or if you've been with us since day one. We treat everyone as equal.

Sorne suggested that I make this thread so we could have a spot where we could all chat amongst ourselves. Basically a place for us all to get reacquainted with each other so to speak; new people getting to meet the old people and older people getting to meet the newer people. So post a reply and tell us when you joined, who were some of your characters, names you used int he past, and any memorable experiences you might have.

I'll start first.

Hmmm well I didn't even want to make a guild to be honest, having just come off of a whole lot of drama with a previous guild that I formerly lead, and then made the mistake of stepping down from leadership because life had me too busy. Long story short, the choice I made for my successor didn't sit to well with another officer who had their ego bruised, and the next thing I knew there was so much drama it looked worse then a soap opera. Finally the guild leader disbanded the guild. For those of you that remember the guild was the Grim Legion.

Sorne kept telling me "man you need to start another guild". There was a guild before the Legion I ran called the Knights of Justice. All these guilds started out in EQ. I had started the Knights of Justice and in fact brought it there from the original Neverwinter Nights on AOL. I left it and passed the reigns on to someone else, because of some heart wrenching things I was facing at the time and my game life... well just immortally sucked because of it all. So fast forward to the end of the Grim Legion... I can still remember telling Sorne how tired I was and that I had just had enough with all the garbage and melodrama. I remember him telling me "someone had to do it" and if someone didn't do it... then who? That was the clincher for me right there.

So we gathered ourselves up, made the 1st Fist of Light and the rest became Fistory! I've almost always played under the name of Banegrivm in most games, except for City of Heroes who I've played under the names Marshal Valor and Martial Valor and a few others. In City of Villains my favorite villain was Vincent Goodnight, a trash talking mutant that wore leathers and chains and loved to beat the hell out of people just for fun and then make fun of them and do it all in character. God those were some good times ;) Hahaha.

I almost always play paladins or knights in lieu of paladins as I lave the romanticism tied to chivalry and the mystical ambivalent nature of paladins. I also love playing rogues ;) Haha. An old friend once said I was a "rogue at heart"... he was right! One of my favorite characters that I ever played in EQ was an ogre I rolled up named Kazughor. Kazughor was an ogre that ran away and spent time building up his faction so he could be accepted in human cities and the good cities. It was hilarious, because I role played him as a baby ogre that was running away from home because he wanted to be good... en not git bashd lyk dem udder bad ogers kuz dem iz stoopidbrane!!! That was a fun character!

In WAR I'll probably be Banegrivm again, and this time play slightly different as knights in Warhammer aren't really that chivalrous. I'll probably be chivalrous but be more of a wenching drunken knight ;) I'll probably have a witch hunter and if I can pull it off maybe a dwarven engineer thats a kid training to be an engineer. Something about that sounds like it could be fun. Oh... and as anyone can tell you, I am the BEST puller you will ever see in any game... ever ;) Just ask around... I'm sure you'll hear LOTS of stories about my rather advanced pulling techniques! ;)
Banegrivm Shadowblight
Sovereign Lord of the 1st Fist of Light

Sharylin

Re: Introductions! Who are you? Where did you come from?

Post by Sharylin » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:35 am

Hello...My short history...
First game i've ever played was Ultima Online, then was EQ. Had a little female highelf enchanter named Arylin. how i hooked up with Fist? Was in one guild on EQ got sick of the some BS with the guildleader and how she ran things. So i left it. Ran into a friend that had been in the guild as well and left shortly before i did. He saw wasnt in guild we got talking and managed to talk me into joining Bane's guild at the time Grim Legion. Was very content and happy there. Real life stuff happened and i had to stop gaming for a while (stoped like a month before Fist was born).

Over the years just messed around with EQ for different reasons. And well my funds wherent so great. Did watch the boards and posted once or twice. Then this past December had long talk with Bane (kept in contact over the years) and i was curious what game guild was in. He said mainly CoH/CoV (hero Ginsesta, Rosset and Villian Fierykitten, Natures Vixen, Ceo Alainn and others on both sides) so managed to get it been on there for last few months. Gotten to know some of the newer members of the guild from that game and chat with some old members. Was rather nice lol. Real life has been on and off cutting into my fun time but it does need to come first. So till i have more time just sticking with the one game CoH/CoV.

Chrome

Post by Chrome » Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Hey all. I'm Chrome (aka Eric) from Cincinnati. I hooked up with the Fist in Planetside, and have hung out in EQ2, WoW, and City of X chapters as well. I am medium-core in my gaming style, in that I like to excel at my chosen role/class, but I don't have the time or interest of putting in the thousands of hours necessary to be truly hardcore.

Outside of computers, I've been playing rpgs since I was about 8; cutting my teeth on Rolemaster and Middle Earth Role Play system and graduating to home made systems, White Wolf, D&D (tsr and then following to WotC), Deadlands, Legend of the 5 Rings, and my favorite: 7th Sea. I still try to play something in person weekly, if only so that I don't wind up a shut in mmo-holic.

Fist involvement timeline:
Planetside Beta, Everquest 2, City of Heroes, WoW, WAR.
Last edited by Chrome on Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't need to get a life. As a gamer, I have hundreds.

glabrin
Web Wizard

Post by glabrin » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Well where do I start. I have been a gamer for a long time. Pen and Paper Rpg'er from way back. Pretty much the only reason I have had a computer my entire adult life is for gaming. I was a big C64 fan in the day, and loved those old Gold Box D&D games (they are still some of my favorite computer games).

I discovered this game called Meridian 59 which was one of the first MMORPG's, although the massive wasn't so massive back then. I fell in love with playing games online with friends. I eagerly awaited the arrival of EQ and was there from the launch.

Not to long into playing EQ I was introduced to the Knights of Justice whose Guild Leader was Banegrivm. I had a blast playing EQ at first. Well the KOJ ended and I joined up with the Grim Legion for a bit. When it ended I was pretty much done with EQ. I was about on the server when the Fist started up, but rarely played in those days.

Since EQ I have played Anarchy Online, Dark Age of Camelot, A little EQ2, Beta of DDO (now playing again), Star Wars Galaxies, City of Heroes/Villians...I think that's it.

Due to peer pressure I have purchased WarHammer and will be joining you all.

Glabrin
Glabrin - The highly confused Mage.

Linea

Post by Linea » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:37 pm

Linea - Beastmaster and Wielder of Crowbars. Currently my favorite foods are General Tso's Kitten and Teriyaki Puppy. I've been lurking around the fist and online games for eons.

Sauromon

Post by Sauromon » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:37 am

I am Sauromon, sometimes known as The Mad Baron.

I joined the Fist aeons ago, in the time of Earth & Beyond.
I was brought in by... I cant even remember thier handles its been so long. (Real names were Ben & Dooley)

I have been around the forums for a long while, but nae been in an online game since I left E&B.
I fade in and out, offer help and advice when I can, and work to remind you silly americans what real beer is all aboot!

Sorne
General

Post by Sorne » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:01 pm

Whew, where to begin?

Hi, my name is Sorne, and I'm an altoholic. Most all of the older Fist folk have ran with me at one time or another, and might not have known it was me... I have so many alts! Some of my many faces include Gizzard, Adauntlyn, Talael, Sorne, and Gantor. And that's just EQ. I began playing MMOs way back in the days of telnet, and a little-known text based beauty called Legends of Future Past. Still to this day probably the greatest MMO I've ever played. Great community, full of wonderful people. Sadly it folded up shop as graphics and static content replaced real live GMs and my imagination.

From there UO became my playground, started in the early phases of beta. I'm a fool for the Ultima series. Played Garin, and Thrillkiller (yes I PK'd people. Hey life and lessons were hard in early UO!)

From there I went to EverQuest beginning in beta phase 1. (I still have my beta discs. ) There was a rather boisterous person in the forums who I kind of followed around the forums, if only as a lurking fan of his views and RP style. Banegrivm struck me as someone who I would have found in my beloved LOFP. I played on a few servers and kind of bummed around, slowly losing interest in EQ. Then I decided I'd seek out the person from the forums, and give it one last try for EQ. Once I got my invite to the Knights of Justice as Gizzard, the "Smelliest Shaman in all of Norrath", the rest has been truly a roller-coaster ride of good times, silly times, sad times, and sometimes bad times. But I wouldn't trade any of it. I won't bore you with how I came to join the Fist (Bane already has done that. )

I've played just about every other game the Fist has had a presence in. DAoC. E & B, Planetside, CoH/V, NWN to name a few. I've been in some of the most hairy, and hair-raising Bane Trains you've ever seen, and have had the time of my life.

One thing I've learned in my time with the Fist, it's a great place to hang your hat, full of really great people who'll do anything for you without a second thought. Second and nearly as important; like the very motto of this forum, Once Fist, Always Fist. You'll always get out of the Fist exactly what you put into it, and you've got friends here. Old or new.
Sorne
General, 1st Fist of Light

Iliasìnë

Post by Iliasìnë » Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:25 pm

Heyo everyone. I'd introduce myself as Iliasìnë but I doubt half of you could type it, let alone pronounce it, so I expect nicknames to start showing up at least. Count yourselves fortunate I didn't use the diacritics in my in game name.

I'm new to the First, but an old hand at gaming generally. My first was Umoria back in the early nineties, the successor of which - Angband - I still think is one of the best games ever made. About the same time I started tabletop gaming, which I also still do. However, most of my computer gaming has been single player - the only MMO I've played extensively is, of course, World of Warcraft. I had a 70 priestess, and officered for both my guild and raid as healing sub-lead. If I seem any good as a healer, it's because failure of either preparation or performance in the past on my part meant having 24 people chew me out in tells - it's one hell of a motivator, let me tell you.

I stopped playing this last December/January-ish, after real world chaos and drama and vitamin deficiency turned me into a neurotic *naughty* for a while. I'm better now, though, I swear! Since going back seemed uninviting - the game suffers from split-personality disorder that is the subject of many of my rants - I followed Alysius into Warhammer, where I met Banegrivm while getting stomped on in a keep fight. I suspect the invite was account of my using complete sentences, but that has yet to be confirmed.

DarkGreymore

Post by DarkGreymore » Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:48 pm

Well then.

Most of you would not know me. Since i've never played any games with the Fist so far.

I've been gaming most of my life. Played Rpg's for as long as i remember. The old Baldur's Gate Series, Icewind Dale, NWN, Ultima Online, Temple of elemental Evil and more. I used to be more on consoles when i was younger a my first real pc game that i owned was diablo. Before that it was all mirc roleplaying, Sad i know.

I've played to some extent in alot of Mmo's ( I didn't play EQ by choice. never did stand that game :p )Ultima Online, Anarchy Online, City of Heroes . City of Vilains, DDO, Eve Online, FF XI, Guild Wars(even thought it's not a convential mmo), LOTRO, EQ 2, Lineage, Lineage 2, WOW, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Age of Conan, Ragnarok Online and a few others not worth listing.

Online or offline and some Dn'D and other systems i've been playing all kinds of games all my life. I've worked both retail / distribution ( where i am now ) and at Ubisoft and a smaller company on the creative side.

Games are in my blood. I'd probably bleed out pixels. -smirks-

I joined the fist about a year Prior to WOW coming out and since then i've been coming around every now and then to check in.

Hopefully WAR will be the first game i get to play with the Fist.
- Always watching from the shadows.

dmgammer

Post by dmgammer » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:06 pm

Well to start been a long time gamer, stared pen and paper, and grad up/cross to comp games was in the Guild back in the old EQ days, and city of heros, wowed for a bit loved the hunter, and have been in a tizzy till warhammer came out love it. online you would see me as Turnbull -dwarf runepriest, or Fitzbane - Burning Wiz. :violin: So Happy to be back in a game with folks